Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hipster Glasses and Inspiration

Today I felt lazy, and wore my hipster-esque glasses to my job, and then actually typed on my Mac at Starbucks. Now I feel like a real college kid.

Anyhow, being that I work with an autistic student at the high school, I was extremely humbled today by something he said:

"These are the best two days of my entire life because I could remain calm and I have learned a lot."

What? Best day of your life? And you're at school? I mean Sunday I was at the Packers/Rams game and got to see my former high school marching bands in a set of seats that were so close to Aaron Rogers I could see his muscles... I mean those kinds of days are days that go down in the books folks. (seriously, it was freaking awesome and I will have to post pictures.) But my student was happy just to be able to control himself and his emotions, and spend some time doing group work without feeling overwhelmed.  I realized then how often I take my health (both mental and physical) for granted. It's amazing how much this kid has taught me since September, seriously. I am reminded every day both by him, and other students at this high school how blessed I am and was to receive a great education and have friends and be able to walk and drive... it's insane.

On a separate note...I may have found a house...I really really hope I can move into it!

OH! And hilarious story from weeks ago... I had a friend from high school who is a Graphic Design major who had to photograph the contents of my purse for a class she is in where she was supposed to "explore a space". Needless to say the Jack Daniels zippo from an old flame (haha no pun intended), beer coozie from the local zoo, fork, and safety glasses made me realize that if anyone went through my purse they would be like, "THIS GIRL IS STRANGE....and yet extremely prepared...." haha


ANYWAYS--- This was a lame post but don't take your blessings for granted!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment