Sunday, October 14, 2012

Hello World, It's Been Awhile...

Well Well Well... I've been MIA for six months. My apologies, dear readers, for life has done a complete 180 since then.

I shall give you a brief update on what has happened, and some of you whom I speak to on a regular basis have already endured my "WTF HAS THIS WORLD THROWN AT ME" rants. It seemed fitting to start up this blog again after a dear friend of mine asked me what happened to this blog. (Oh, and it's raining and windy, and my Mumford & Sons Pandora radio account is blasting in my new living quarters. Thus, the setting is perfect.)

Since April...

1) My waitress job? Yeah...I quit that. And in an epic manner. Not quite as epic as Mark in RENT singing and dancing about, "I need to finish my own film, I quit", but still epic for a woman of my age. Anyhow, that place has been on the verge of disaster for a long time, and in June, I finally got sick of the harassment and crazy antics. The executive chef there was entirely toxic and was (for lack of a more "classy" term) a total f*$%ing asshole. So one afternoon shift, I had enough. I stood up for myself and said, "This is my last day. I'm sick of the crap." and walked out. It felt amazing. Now I am not suggesting you all do that; But in my circumstances? It was perfect. I celebrated immensely from that. Afterward, I began working for a short period of time at a Chiropractic Center which I loved. 

2) Alas, I am single again. I really don't want to talk about that, but se la vie, right?

3) I moved back to where I came from. Was it because life got hard? Was it because I was single? Was it because I couldn't afford it anymore?? None of those things I am happy to say! I got accepted into an amazing nursing program near my hometown at a very well known hospital. AND they are going to pay for most of it. Definitely a win/win situation when you're my age and not tied down to anyone. So I packed everything in one U-Haul, and my best friend and dad's girlfriend came and got me. I have never felt so much emotion telling people good bye. Especially my little apartment, my friends, and the town as a whole. But! Atticus (my cat, in case you forgot) never got caught in my apartment with me! He currently resides in the basement with me at my dad's house, and is still a very happy and loving cat. 

So since I came back, as I said, I am in my dad's basement until I figure out life again (I CAN'T WAIT TO GET MY OWN PLACE AGAIN...*cough cough*). I also worked a few weeks for a Fruit and Vegetable stand, got paid in cash, and met several...characters along the way. Now I am an assistant to a student at a local high school who has autism, and every day is a challenge. I am also taking classes online until nursing school starts in January. 

Oh PS-- that Physiology final I had been having a heart attack over? I only missed two questions on the whole thing. Heck to the yes. 

SO, that is a brief update. Of course a lot more happened, but I will try to keep up with this now. 

I missed you all! 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment