Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Jingle Bells in January

Sorry I haven't posted for awhile... Life, as usual, dumped some interesting turn of events into my lap and I wanted to deal with said things separately from this blog.

Any how, how about I fill you in shortly before I get to the meat of this post:

I am currently loving my classes aside from some of the obnoxious people that inhabit them, but alas, that's college. I am currently exploring my options of later on joining a dietetics research group or something more oncology based for my graduate program... It's a few years off but quite exciting to think about.

I am also single now... Funny how that works out, right? You're honest with yourself and someone else only to have it backfire. But I had an EXCELLENT weekend with my friends which helped me realize a lot about myself. Driving seven hours there and another seven back allows you to really get to have time with yourself... might sound cliche, but it really helped. My findings were the following: Someone else's problem with themselves and trust issues is not my problem. I know my flaws and am working on them, and if someone can't accept that, or accept the fact that I am willing to come half way with them, is not worth being hung up over. I have been lost for many months out here at school and have been confused as to why I ended up here, and I got to thinking... perhaps I ended up here alone to find myself? What are your thoughts, my older readers? I would love to hear your comments and times you found yourself learning about yourself. Anyways, I am happy to be single and to focus on myself. Eventually someone will cross paths with me. If not, maybe I'll travel the world.

That's about all that has happened recently. But back to today...

I got called into work for about an hour and was quite frustrated, and was then pleasantly surprised by the lesson I learned from a little boy who looked to be about four. He was laying on his tummy on the booth with his mom and was kicking his feet singing "Jingle Bells" as loud as his mother would permit it. She was quite frustrated with him and said, "Sweetheart, it's not even Christmas anymore. It's January." And he politely responded with, "But it makes me HAPPY! I love this song!" This child showed me today to pursue what makes me happy. Who cares what time of year it is! I hope he remembers that lesson his whole life. It made my day.

Have a wonderful day everyone! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment