Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Political Post with a Twist

Let me begin with a quick update on my life...

The spider mentioned in my previous post was never to be seen again... I am still wondering if I will encounter him and his brethren when I do my Spring Cleaning in this upcoming week... 

Work has been about the same... day in and day out we have been busy, and had some difficult customers, but all in all life is good there! 

School has presented some difficult decisions to be made... I am reapplying for SDSU's nursing program for next spring, but have also been considering a degree in dietetics to get done a little faster. HOWEVER-- life has shaken itself up again and I have been presented with an awesome opportunity to move back home and attend OSF in the Spring... For now I am accepting my spot there, but I have to reevaluate the situation in December when my lease is up. If I would have heard about this in December, I would have been gone... but I have had an amazing time this semester. I have made many friends, figured out a lot about myself, and started dating someone amazing... I guess we'll wait and see what happens! 

Ah I feel like I should be kinda cheesy and mention Tim... I started seeing him Superbowl Weekend. He is a lot of fun! Sunday we were out on his Harley all day. A little chilly, but definitely amazing. 

Onto the real meat of this post-- 

I cannot stand some people on the internet that are minorities or extreme liberals being able to say anything they want and claim freedom of religion and speech EXCEPT TO WHITE CHRISTIANS. As soon as we open our mouths, either in agreement or a simple statement, we are shot down. I was actually told today that I should feel responsible for the destruction of Native American cultures. Believe me, I feel bad that they were oppressed and taken over. Same as I feel bad at the destruction of Muslim and Hindu Cultures in the Dark Ages, and the destruction of the Jews just 70 years ago. However, I did not raise a gun or a spear. I cannot be responsible for something they did. If I was-- I would be carrying the weight of the Holocaust, the infiltration of Africa, the Crusades, and Hiroshima. I am sorry that white culture has brought issues over the years, but so has everyone else. The Mongols suppressed my people, and King Edward the First killed my ancestor, William Wallace. Should I hold that over someone's head for something that occurred in 1305? 

I just wish some people would think before they throw out hypocritical comments. THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK. 

End rant. 

1 comment:

  1. First, let me tell you what I'd tell my daughter. Secure your future, then your man. Enough on that. As for the whiners, liberals, and fame chasers who seek to divide us on economics or race or sexual preference or whatever. Ignore them. History is rife with oppressed peoples. Blacks have no lock on slavery. Indians have no monopoly on being genocide. Things have happened in the past, learn from them...move on.

    And when I say move on, DO SOMETHING with your life other than waiting for 40 acres and a mule. Not gonna happen. If you put all that energy in a worthwhile endeavor, then you'll amount to something. Of course "you" being a hypothetical and feel free to insert whoever feels slighted today in its place.

    ReplyDelete