Monday, March 5, 2012

Blue Rondo à la Turk and some other Famous Daves

Today is the first day of "Spring Break" here... Funny calling it that because it's 43 degrees out and there is still snow on the ground... Anyways, today (amongst the craziness) has really had me thinking about the upcoming summer and how excited I am for it! It will be weird to think I am not going to be living at home for the summer, but I think this is a good thing. Amongst all of the working and potential school work, going home and doing things I sort of took for granted will be a mini-vacation for me.

I just keep thinking of the warm summer evenings closing at Eli's, going to band practice, playing ultimate frisbee, seeing DCI shows, going to concerts, swimming in the lake... ahh the memories go on. I am excited to recreate these and experience the new!

READY FOR SUMMER!

PS: Wondering about the reference to my title of this very short post? I am listening to Famous Daves (my first marching band show), and Dave Brubeck composed Blue Rondo, one of the songs featured on the piece.


1 comment: